I will be posting reviews for most of these in the future
1. Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust ★★★★☆
2. Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller ★★★★☆
3. The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan ★★★★☆
4. Hortense and the Shadow by Natalia O’Hara and Lauren O’Hara ★★★★☆
I received this via NetGalley and the publisher Puffin/Penguin Random House. Full review
5. Doctor Who: The Dangerous Book of Monsters by Justin Richards ★★★☆☆
6. Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit ★★★☆☆
After a weak July, I had a mega reading month in August! I had a week off from work, and spent it reading on a balcony over looking the sea. Bliss!
I didn’t read anywhere near as much as usual in July. But on the plus side, I really enjoyed everything I did read.
It’s time to review how my reading is going this year!
My overall target this year was 75 books, and I’m well on track to meet that.
- 49% standalones
- 53% adult fiction
- 49% written by women
- 53% new-to-me authors
So I’ve been pretty even with these so far!
I have no idea how I managed to read 10 books this month! I thought I’d had a slow month, as I also DNF’d 3 books. Anyway, onto the books…
I had a great start to the new year, reading 7 books in January.