I’m currently challenging myself to buy less books by sticking to certain rules (which you can find here). I’ve not completely stuck to it this quarter, but I’ve not gone too wild either.
Books I’ve Bought
I read a further 12 books which I owned, and I also un-hauled 6. So that means I’m allowed to buy 6 books this quarter. I ended up buy 7, not great but could have been worse! I’ve actually already read 3 of them as well, which I feel like makes it better somehow.
- The Nowhere Girls by Amy Reed (Read) – Such an important book
- The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven (Read) – For #CroneBookClub another really important read
- Kindred by Octavia E Butler – A modern classic, I’ve heard such great things about this
- Exile by S.M. Wilson – I just had to preorder this after reading The Extinction Trials!
- Where the Missing Go by Emma Rowley – Amy from Tomes with Tea raved about this and it sounds so intriguing
- Silas Marner by George Eliot (Read) – I’d never heard of this before, but I read about it in an article and saw it cheap on Audible
- A Symphony of Echoes by Jodi Taylor – I liked, but didn’t love, the first one. But I’m interested enough to give the second one a go.
Because it doesn’t count as buying if it’s free right? I don’t know how but I got super lucky and spotted these on my Amazon wish list (aka my unowned TBR) for free.
I was super lucky and received an Amazon voucher in work as a thank you reward which I of course spent on books. Plus I had a late birthday treat from a friend.
- Wild Boy by Rob Lloyd Jones (Read)
- Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (Read)
- A Modern Detective by Edgar Allen Poe
- Everless by Sara Holland
- The Wanderers by Meg Howrey
- Monsters by Ilsa J Bick
Books for Review
I was also incredibly fortunate with review books and giveaways over the last few months. Definitely enough to keep me going all through the summer!
- Grey Sister by Mark Lawrence (Read) – NetGalley/HarperVoyager
- The Good Son by You-Jeong Jeong – NetGalley/Little, Brown
- What Kitty Did Next by Carrie Kablean (Read) – Love Books Blog Tour
- The After Wife by Cass Hunter – Trapeze Giveaway
- Vox by Christina Dalcher – NetGalley/HQ
- Star Jumpers: The Lion Roars by Zoe Baxter (Read) – Rachel’s Random Resources Blog Tour
- The Queens of Innis Lear by Tess Gratton – Illumicrate Giveaway
- The Tall Man by Phoebe Locke – Griffin Books
- Ash Princess – Griffin Books
I’m currently reading (and really enjoying) Everless and The Tall Man. What should I try and get to next?