Books Read: 6 novels, 4 comics (Total 41/52)
lots of too many books this month so I’ll be doing a separate haul post this month.
I had some really great reads this month (full reviews coming over the next few weeks):
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini ★★★★☆ (Review)
- I don’t usually pick up this type of book, but I’m glad I was encouraged to. An interesting and eye-opening read
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (Me Before You #1) ★★★★☆
- Another ‘different’ genre for me, and another book I loved! I picked this up because of the up coming movie, and it didn’t disappoint.
- Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige (Dorothy Must Die #1) ★★★☆☆
- I was super intrigued by this book, set in an Oz after the events of the Wizard of Oz were Dorothy now has power. This was a fun read but it left me feeling a bit ‘meh’.
- The 100 by Kass Morgan (The 100 #1) ★★★☆☆
- I heard a lot of negative reviews for this, but I really wanted to give it a go before watched the show (which I am currently loving). I actually liked it, although it is very much a set up for the series rather than a story in its own right.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1) ★★★★☆
- This totally lived up to all the hype it’s been getting lately. I really enjoyed it, and loved the fae elements and lore used. I can’t wait to pick up the sequel, which I’ve heard is even better!
- The Informant by Susan Wilkins (The Informant #1) ★★★☆☆
- I read the sequel about a year ago (kindly sent by the publisher for review) and loved it. I just had to go back and read the first book. I really enjoyed it, although knowing the ending did reduce some of the tension.
This month I read the first 4 issues of the A Song of Ice and Fire graphic novels. They were fun quick reads, and I may pick up some more.