The Liebster award is an award to help you find and get to know new blogs/bloggers.
I was nominated by the lovely Lizzie over at Accio Padfoot. Go and check out her book blog!
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
1.How long does it take you to write posts?
It varies a lot depending on the type of post, and for reviews how many thoughts I have about it. I’d say for a ‘standard’ review it takes me about half an hour to complete. I then usually save the post as a draft and come back to it a day or two later in case I have any other thoughts, and to check I’m happy with what I’ve put.
I usually hold off from reviewing a book for a few days so I can have a think about how I feel about the book and what I want to say.
2.Do you have a set number of posts per week?
I aim for at least one a week, which I try to post on a Wednesday. I currently have a few posts line up so I have a few Sunday posts coming up (including this one).
3.Which item could you not live without?
I’m ashamed to say probably my laptop!
4.Favourite childhood book?
From when I was really young it was Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney. I still have my copy!
After that, the cliched (but true) answer would be Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling, which I still re-read. I also really loved The Lottie Project by Jacqueline Wilson, and really all of Wilson’s books I read.
5.Tea or coffee?
Neither! I’m not a fan of hot drinks, apart from the occasional hot chocolate.
6.If you were on a desert island what 3 things would you take with you?
I good bottle of sun cream (I burn just looking at the sun…), a lip balm and my Kindle.
7.Hogwarts or Shadowhunter Academy?
This may be controversial, but I didn’t love City of Bones and so never got around to reading the rest of the series. So obviously it will have to be Hogwarts! Preferably post Deathly Hallows…
8.What is your biggest fear?
Losing my loved ones
9.How do you start your day?
On a normal week day I snooze my alarm a few times before getting up and making my lunch for the day. Then I have breakfast, get ready and head off to work.
10.How do you get out of a reading/blogging slump?
I’m fortunate that I haven’t had a reading slump in a while. But when reading is starting to drag I tend to switch up the books I’m reading. I’ll maybe try a YA novel which tend to be ‘easier’ reading, or if there’s a book I’m really excited about I’ll try that.
11.If you had to pick one Marauder to be friends with, who would it be?
Definitely Remus Lupin. I was very like him in school! Except for the werewolf thing…
11 Random Facts:
- I have a degree in Maths
- I live with my boyfriend…
- …who I’ve been with for 6 1/2 years
- I’m Welsh
- I’m a big TV fan, although I mostly binge watch rather than watch on TV
- Doctor Who is my all time favourite TV show
- I’m currently marathoning Prison Break (I’ve just finished S3)
- I love superhero movies, particularly the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Captain America and Black widow are my favourite super heroes
- I love spicy food
- And I love to cook!
All of the smaller blogs I follow seem to have already been nominated. But if you have any blog recommendations please let me know!